Book Club Questions for Milly and the Tale from Across the Street
1. Have you ever felt your great friendship with your brother or sister fade? Did you get the friendship back? How?
2. Why do you think Chester used the phrase “NEVER GROW TOO OLD OR TOO SERIOUS TO PLAY” as the code to get into the secret room? When do you think he created that code? (During Lance’s childhood? After he graduated high school? More recently?)
3. Which potion would be the first one you would choose to make? Why?
4. Would you give the Permanent Mood Enhancement potion to any grumpy people in your life? Why or why not?
5. Did Milly’s feelings change on whether to give Tommy Permanent Mood Enhancement? Explain.
6. If you took the Dream Manipulation, what would you dream about?
7. Why do kids need time to study for school AND time to play?
8. If you got to talk to your dog or cat, what would you ask him or her?
9. Would your teachers be happy if all the kids in your class got the vaccine Obedience of Children? Why or why not?
10. If you got the Human-Animal Conversion potion gummy, what animal would you become?